Information is the backbone of future & lies at the core of research and forms the mainstay of learning. Vidya Bharati ensures that students and teachers have access to almost inexhaustible sources of information. Our well stocked library has a wealth of information on a myriad of subjects and hosts a collection of 62015 volumes of books. Vidya Bharati Mahavidyalaya has an excellent library for the benefit of students, faculties and researchers. As one of the best established libraries according to International Standards, the College Library has a large collection of books covering various branches of knowledge viz. Humanities, Science, Commerce & Management Studies and its related fields. The library is nearly Four decades old. It is fully automated and well equipped with all resources, under the surveillance of CCTV. The library is well protected with fire-fighting facility. The college subscribes to a wide range of Books, Journals and Periodicals in all the areas of different streams of knowledge. Library starts it’s functioning at 7.30 am and closes at 9.00 pm. on all working days.
1. Libsys supported fully Automated Library
2. Book Issuing as per Barcode System
3. Total Library Building area 4991.86 sq.ft.
4. Equipped with reading halls, Reference Section, Browsing facility with reprography.
5. Reading room facility for Competitive Exam.students.
6. Reading room capacity for 300 students.
7. Open access for all Students.
8. Special Services to other books, Competitive and NET/SET Examinations
9. Internet and OPAC facility.
10. Web OPAC
11. Bound volumes of periodicals and Journals available in the Library.
12. Fully automated equipped with fire-fighting facility.
13. Newspaper cutting of the college News.
14. Rare Book Collection
15. NVDA open Source Software and smart speaker ALEXA for Disabled students
16. Braille Books & Audio Talking book CD's for blind student
17. Classification of all books as for D.D.C classification system except Text books.
18. Special Book Collection
19. User Tracking System for Library Attendance
20. Library Portal
21. Well protected with CCTV security systems
22. Wi -Fi and Power backup facilities
Library Committee – the governing body of the College Library System – formulates library policies for the guidance of the College Librarian. This Committee has Principal as its Chairperson and College Librarian as its Convener. Five members of the teaching faculty and one member of the Administrative staff as members of the committee. Three Students are nominated as its Members by the Principal for one academic year. The organogram of the Library is displayed below.
|1||Dr. P. S. Yenkar (Principal)||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. M. M. Kherde||Member|
|3||Dr. S. B. Kadu||Member|
|4||Prof. V. P. Shekokar||Member|
|5||Mr. B. K. Karamsot||Member|
|1||Dr. V. R. Shekhawat||Librarian||M.Lib, M.Phil, Ph.D|
|2||Mr. G. S. Thakur||Attendant||M.Lib.Sc.|
|3||Mr. A. R. Meshram||Attendant||M.Lib.Sc.|
|4||Mr. A. R. More||Attendant||M.A|
|5||Mr. R. J. Parmar||Attendant||B.Sc. B.P.Ed|
|6||Mr. R.S. Ramchawre||Peon||H.S.C, C.lib|
|7||Mr. Wajid Ali||Peon||10th|
|7||Computer Sc.+Web Design||2420|
|COMMERCE & MGT.||22747|
|Sr. No.||Non Book Material||Total|
|1||C.D.'s and Videos||456|
|Sr. No.||Name of Newspaper||Language|
|17||The Indian Express||English|
|18||Times of India||English|
|Sr. No.||Name of Journal & Periodical|
|1||Journal of Chemical Sciences|
|2||Indian Journal of Chemistry: A|
|3||Indian Journal of Chemistry: B|
|4||Journal of Indian Chemical Society|
|5||Asian Journal of Chemical & Env. Research|
|7||Bulletin of Material Science|
|8||Journal of Earth system Science|
|9||Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics|
|10||Journal of Physics ( Pramana )|
|11||Journal of Astrophysics and Astronomy|
|12||Engineering Sciences (Sadhana)|
|14||Indian Journal of Physics|
|15||Asian Journal of Microbiology, Biotechnology & Environmental Science|
|16||Indian Journal of Experimental Biology|
|17||Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge|
|18||Journal of Biosciences|
|20||Medicinal & Aerometric Plant Abstract|
|23||Environment & Ecology|
|24||Journal of Genetics|
|25||Mathematical Sciences (Proceedings)|
|26||Journal of Indian Mathematical Society|
|27||Bulletin of Pure and Applied Sciences Section-E-Math. & Stat.|
|28||Electronics for you|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE (02)|
|29||Open Source for You|
|MANAGEMENT / COMMERCE / MCA (26)|
|31||Advances in Developing Human Resources|
|33||Global Business Review|
|34||Indian Economic & Social History Review|
|35||Indian Journal of Business and Rural Development Studies|
|36||Indian Journal of Finance|
|37||Indian Journal of Human Resource Development and Management|
|38||Indian Journal of Marketing|
|39||Indian Journal of Marketing Management and Research|
|41||Journal of Human Values|
|42||South Asia Economic Journals Research Information System|
|44||Vikalpa : Journal of Decision Makers|
|45||Computer Science and Information System|
|46||Indian Journal of Computer Graphics and Techniques|
|47||Indian Journal of Data Mining and Warehouse|
|48||Indian Journal of Information Sciences and Computer Application|
|49||Indian Journal of Information Security and Computer|
|50||Journal of Big Data Analytics in Transportation|
|51||Journal of Neural Computing Systems|
|52||International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology|
|53||International Journal of Computer Science & Software Techonology|
|54||International Journal of Computing and Application|
|55||Invent : Impact : Cloud Computing|
|56||Invent : Impact : Image and Vedeo Processing|
|COSMETIC TECHNOLOGY (03)|
|57||Cosmetic & Toiletries|
|58||Soap Detergent & Toiletries|
|63||The Atlantic Critical Review|
|64||The Atlantic Literary Review|
|76||Indian Psychological Review|
|77||Asian Journal of Psychology & Education|
|78||The International Journal of Indian Psychology|
|POLITICAL SCIENCE (01)|
|83||Yojana (Marathi Lang.)|
|84||Yojana (English Lang.)|
|86||Journal of Science Education (Resonance)|
|LIBRARY SCIENCE (04)|
|88||Annals of Library & Information Studies|
|PHYSICAL EDUCATION (02)|
|96||Competition Success Review|
|MCVC / ITI (01)|
|105||Someshwar Nokari Sandarbha|
|106||SGB Amravati University Gazette|
1. N-List (College Id- 2029)
2. DELNET(College id-IM7710)
3. Shodhganga (Open Access)
4. https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in (Open Access)
5. https://nptel.ac.in (Open Access)
6. https://swayam.gov.in (Open Access)
7. https://swayamprabha.gov.in (Open Access)
8. https://digilocker.gov.in (Open Access)
9. https://fossee.in (Open Access)
10. https://spoken-tutorial.org (Open Access)
• Book Bank Scheme
• Inter Library Loan
• Newspaper Clipping
• Digital Library( Library Repository)
• Reprographic /Printing
• Internet Facility
• Live Streaming of Lectures through DTH
• Web OPAC Facility
• Competitive Exam Reading Space
• College Magazine
• Display Article's, Research Paper & Advertisement of U.P.S.C/ M.P.S.C. Examination on Notice Board
• Lecture Capturing System (LCS)
• Display New Arrival books
1. Orientation to Fresher’s
2. Issue/ Return Books
3. Reference Service
4. Digital Library
5. University collaboration (Study Room)
6. Career Corner
7. Reading Room
8. Question Papers Depository
• Best Reader Award
• egular feedback and suggestions from user.
• ervice attitude Improvement.
• ser Orientation & Information Literacy to students.
• nclusion of library information in college prospectus.
• areer/ Employment information display.
• isplay New Arrival books.
• rganize book exhibition.
• Membership form (available at library)
• Colour Photo
✓ For New Membership and renewal of Membership
1. Books are issued against the library membership cards on all working days till 5:30 pm.
2. Reference books and periodicals will not be issued for home reading.
3. Students must examine the books taken by them and report to the librarian if the books are in a damaged condition before taking         them away.
4. Any book lost or damaged, must be replaced with the same one or latest edition. (in case of multi volume set, complete set should         be replaced).
5. Journals publication, Dictionaries, bound volume and such other documents cannot be taken on Library account or I-Card except         with the permission of the Library authority.
6. For Reading Room purpose book will be issued on I-Card and this book will be return same day.
7. Book should be return to the library on or before due date. If not return in due date he/she pay due charge.
1. No member will be allowed to the take in the stack room bags or other similar material.
2. While inside the libraries and Reading room no member will be allows break the silence by talking or by action of any kind, eating        food and sleep on the table.
3. Do not damage to any fitting, furniture books or other kinds of reading material of the library.
1. Internet/Digital facility is for all Students.
2. Every student will get 1 hr. for the use of internet.
3.Playing games, chatting, downloading any pictures, Videos, songs & misuse of internet is not allowed.
4.Do not save any material on pc.
5. Printing/ Downloading is allowed with prior Permission of Librarian.
6. Printing/Xeroxing will be provided on payment.
1. Students must sign in the entry register of the library before entering.
2. Library is a place for serious study and research. So strict silence is to be maintained.
3. Every staff/student of the college is eligible for membership of the library.
4. The library card must be returned on the completion of the course. In case of loss of membership card, no fine is charged and         fresh card will be issued only against the application in writing to the librarian.
5. The library can utilize by students and staff from 7.30 am to 9 pm on all working days. (except public holidays).
6. Mobile not allowed in library campus.
7. For Details rules see the Notice board of Library.
8. Any difficulty about Library immediately contact to the Librarian.
Library Opening Time – Morning 07.30 am to 09.30 pm
Book Issue - Monday to Friday - 10.30 am. To 05.30 pm.
Book Issue on Saturday – 10.30am To 02.30 pm.
Reading Room - Monday to Saturday - 07.30 am. To 09.00 pm.
Library is collaborated with Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Knowledge Resource Center (KRC). This collaboration provides the online databases with remote access to our college library. The students who access this facility have to pay Rs. 50 per month.
The Library organized a Plenary Sessions on
• Knowledge Management System in Academic Libraries
• Current Trends in Library and Information Science
Every year Library celebrated Library Day and Birth Anniversary of Dr. S. R. Rangnathan. On the occasion Library organized the Book Exhibition to inculcate the reading habit among the students. The programme was celebrated by garlanding the portrait of Dr. S. R. Rangnathan by Hon`ble Dr. P.S.Yenkar, Principal of the college. She guided the students that they must read the competitive examination and career guidance books other than subject books to explore the knowledge and get the better jobs. In the Book exhibition books on Competitive Exam, Text books, Essays, Quiz and General Knowledge etc. were exhibited for the students and staff.
Disseminating the information about library to newly entrants
As per the directions of State Government, Library celebrated ‘Reading Day’ with a view to promote and preserve the reading culture among the students and to encourage the students to spend at least half an hour out of working hours for reading. The day is observed to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of late Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
Students prepared Projects on various topics by Paper cuttings using News, articles, editorials and reviews published in daily News papers as a source of information. The projects were evaluated by Committee members and the ‘Best Clipping Project’ award was felicitated on the day of Felicitation ‘Sanmaan.’
The center is a unique creation of the institution for the well-being of the students and society. It is an additional facility made available on campus so that the youth can prepare for university examinations as well as competitive examinations. It is even made available to youth other than our regular college students.
The Centre is situated on College Campus in a separate round shaped building and was inaugurated at the hands of the Honorable Founder President of Vidya Bharati Shaikshanik Mandal Dr. Devisingh R. Shekhawat in the year 2017 on 1st February. The center presently has seating facility for 500 students.
The study center remains open between 7.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m on all the working days, Sundays & Holidays.
Following are the rules and regulations for making use of the Study Centre:
• Membership is available to:
✓ Under-Graduate Students and Post-Graduate students of the college and outside the college
✓ NET/SET, M.Phil./Ph.D./Competitive exam aspirants
✓ Students of nearby colleges in Amravati City need to forward their membership forms through their College Principal
• Students can bring their study material along with them, study center staff won’t be responsible for misplace of study material
• Talking over mobile is strictly prohibited in the Study Centre
The students, who would like to avail this facility, may please contact Dr. V. R. Shekhawat, Librarian, Vidya Bharati Mahavidyalaya, Amravati at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org