The Department of Chemistry, established in the year 1972, has a long cheerful history due to the vision and the administrative skills of Dr. D.R. Shekhawat, Dr. K. N. Patil, Dr. A. G. Doshi & Dr. D. T. Mahajan. Further, Dr. P.R. Rajput, & Dr. P. R. Solanki contributed a great deal in enhancing the glory of the Department.
Advent of P.G. Course, from 1992,and recognition as a research center for doctoral degree in the subject Chemistry has resulted in publication of 322 papers and award of PhD to forty scholars along with completion of 01 Major and 07 Minor research projects sanctioned by various funding agencies. The department is equipped with sophisticated instruments like FT-IR and UV-Visible Spectrophotometer, HPLC, Digital Density Meter, Digital Viscometer, Digital Ultrasonic Interferometer, Microprocessor Controlled Oven, Scientific Microwave System, etc.
The department has adopted ICT enabled techniques and other e-resources. Ten rank holders and Forty-three students have qualified different competitive examinations like NET/SET/GATE/GRE/TOFFEL, etc. Dr. P. R. Rajput, disseminated the idea of ‘Yoga and Meditation’ for students, which is now being shouldered by Dr. V. V. Parhate, the present HoD, and by Dr. M. R. Maurya. The faculty members render their services on the different bodies of the Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University Amravati, like Board of Examination, Board of Studies, etc.
Some achievements that bring laurels to the Department
1. Dr. D.R. Shekhawat, Shiv Chhatrapati state award in 1984
2. Late Dr. A.G.Doshi, Utkrushata Seva Puraskar Amravati University in 1998 &Best teacher State award 1999
3. Dr. P. R. Rajput, Best NSS Program officer in 1993-1995, Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil State award for Social Work (1999), Samajbhushan Award for Social Work (2002), Best Teacher State Award (2012)
4. Dr. V. V. Parhate, Seva Ratna Puraskar for Yoga in 2016
5. Dr. M. R. Maurya, Appreciation Letter for Best NCC officer
6. Dr. V. H. Masand, gave training for ‘Drug Designing’ to faculty and students of University of Osijek, Croatia (Europe) in 2016 and University Mohammad Premier, Morocco in 2011