Botany covers all aspects of the life of plants. It includes their structure and development, physiology and biochemistry, genetics as well as their relationships with the environment and other organisms. The Department of Botany was started under the headship of Dr. A.J. Dixit with B.Sc. as degree course since it`s inception. In the ensuing years the department offered M.Sc. course in 1995 with adjoined faculty like Dr. V. R. Deshmukh. Subsequently the laboratory was recognized for research for Ph.D. degree. The Department of Botany aims at promoting an integral understanding for utilization of plants and to explore underlying mechanisms for promoting eco-friendly environment. Particular emphasis is laid on focusing the application of current advances in Genomics, Plant Physiology, Plant Tissue and Cell Culture, Applied Botany, Phyto-Medicines. The Department strives at its best to boost the diverse applications of plants and their products and to tackle emerging issues of the rapidly growing population. It is having immense record of representing the gold medalist and merit students at university level. Its faculty is well equipped with academic and research capabilities to prepare national human resource in future perspective. Additionally, all our energies are directed at promoting conducive environment of learning and grooming talent through academic and co-curricular activities. Purpose is to nurture well-trained visionary manpower to shoulder responsibilities in the future scenario of development.
• Lecture method
• Remedial Teaching
Remedial Teaching for Slow Learners.
• Experiential Learning:
&Field Visit, Study Tours, Visit to Research Institute
• Participatory Learning:
Learning by Various Practical
Practical in the field
• Google classroom:
Google classroom is used to give assignments and study material; to upload question papers and additional information to the students.
• Use of ICT tools:
Power Point Presentations, Use of LCD, YouTube links of the study materials.
• Guest Lectures:
To make the students aware of recent advances in Botany, department organizes Lectures of Renowned Teachers in the field for UG as well as PG students.
Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities
• National/State level conference/workshop/Seminar/Other activities organized by department
• National conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Science (3-4 Feb. 2019)
• National conference on ‘Advances in Life Sciences: Present and Future’ (Jan.2013)
• One day Workshop on Rain Water Harvesting (27th July 2018)
• One day Workshop on Patent Drafting, Filing and Processing (20th Oct.2018)
• One day Workshop on Seasonal Flowers and Hanging Basket (29th Nov.2018)
• University Level One day Workshop on Basic Techniques in Molecular Biology
• University Level One day Workshop on Isolations Techniques of Macro-biomolecules
• University Level One day Workshop on DNA Isolation, Estimation and Electrophoresis
• KrishiVidyan Kendra Durgapur ( Badnera) dist. Amravati
Areas of Research:
• Cytology and Genetics
• Plant physiology
• Molecular biology