Department of Commerce, where students learn the latest trends in business, commerce and entrepreneurship. The faculty's passion to impart quality education is reflected in the student's inclination for excellence.
The scholarly faculty team guides students at every step, inspiring them to become worthy managers and administrators in the field. They engage themselves in various forums to constantly upgrade their own skills and to ensure that the students are well prepared to succeed.
The three year UG degree program and the two year PG degree program lay stress on vital subjects like accounting, taxation, computer application, banking, managerial economics, business law, e-commerce, e-banking, statistics and tally. Besides from the general three year B.Com degree, the department also offers the degree in specialized areas such as Accounting and Finance. Catering to the need of updated knowledge in the field of business, commerce and entrepreneurship, some certificate courses as well as add-on courses are also prescribed time to time Nothing compares to hands on experience. Department has a new state of the art computer lab with latest softwares’. Students are acclimatized to the workplace through periodic industrial visits. Focus is also given new age e - commerce and e - businesses, which are making an impact in the field. The department also organizes workshops, seminars, career guidance and entrepreneurial development programs to upgrade their skills and make them industry ready
Area of Research
• Trade and Investment Policy - Comprehensive Assessment, Possible Initiatives
• Agrarian Issues - Rural Indebtedness and Farmers Stress, Price of Produce, Agricultural Growth, Infrastructure and Supply Side Management
• Monetary and Banking Sector Issues, Non-Performing Assets, Loan Waivers etc.
• International Security, Cyber Security - Emerging Challenges
• Foreign Policy - Analysis (Assessment), Issues and Challenges for future Feminism
• Lecture method
• Remedial Teaching
Remedial Teaching for Slow Learners
• Experiential Learning:
• Participatory Learning :
Soft-Skills Development Programme
Faculty Development Programme
• Google classroom:
Google classroom is used to give assignments and study material; to upload question papers and additional information to the students, Internal Evaluation conducted through Google Classroom.
• Use of ICT tools:
Use of LCD
YouTube links of the Video Clips of the Prescribed Chapters.
• Guest Lectures:
To make the students aware of recent advances in Commerce, department organizes Guest Lectures of Renowned Persons for UG as well as PG students.
Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities
• National/State level conference/workshop/Seminar/Other activities organized by department
• National Conference on Smart India Vision 2020- Innovations in Computer Applications Management and Commerce (18th February, 2017)
• Seminar on ‘Education Reforms’ (29th July, 2017)
• One week Short Term Course- Innovative Methods & Use of ICT enabled pedagogical tools in Teaching Learning Process”- [26-11-2018 to 1-12-2018 (6 days)]
• Workshop on ‘Awareness on GST’ ( 6th September 2017)
• Seminar on ‘Competitive Exam and Personality Development’ (16th September 2017)
• Commerce Association
• Teacher’s Day Celebration
• Blood Donation Camp
• NGO Visit
• Commerce week and Sports week
• Greater involvement in research through Research projects, Research guidance, participation in seminars
• Brajesh Packing Pvt.Ltd.,Amravati.
• Rathi Career Forum Pvt.Ltd.,Amravati.