We firmly believes in the Saying-“In a healthy body resides a healthy Mind.” The Sports Department boasts of some of the latest equipment and state-of-the art in campus infrastructure which is a pre-requisite for developing a healthy competitive spirit in the students. The Sports department makes sure that all the latest and top of the line equipment are made available for all the indoor as well as outdoor games. The major outdoor games played are Volleyball, Hockey, Football, Softball, Cricket, Kabaddi and Kho-Kho.
There is a separate Yoga Centre occupying 197.92Sqm area where Yoga sessions are conducted for students and staff members thus0 helping them maintain a healthy mindset. The department organizes University Level Inter-Collegiate Yoga competitions and Coaching camps regularly. The Department has well equipped gymnasium and fitness center occupying 197.92Sqm. area. Equipment like Trade mill and latest health-oriented tools are at the disposal of the students, faculties and non-teaching staff members. The indoor games facilities occupying an area about 413.87Sqm. The playing field with 5665Sqm area for various outdoor games is spread across the campus. The centrally located playing ground makes sports part of one’s life. To know the importance of good nutrition and balance diet to meet the demands of training and exercise, Guest lectures on Promotion of Nutritional Food and Balance Diet are organized by the department.
To become a world class institution that provides a fertile ground for the young minds to strengthen the foundation of their future life by giving them knowledge, physical skill and art of living.
It is our mission to facilitate the development of balanced human being who has the wisdom to create a life of passion, purpose and peace.
Excellent infrastructure to experience a healthy academic atmosphere, highly qualified and talented faculty to impart practical and theoretical knowledge effectively. Unique programmes and opportunities for the students to explore their potential.
• To work for the all-round development of the students through Game and Sports.
• To promote mass-participation in Physical Education and Sports.
• To provide community services in the field of Physical Education and Sports.
• To provide maximum possible facilities to the sports person to uplift their skills and performance.
• To provide incentives to outstanding sports persons by felicitating them with tracksuits, memento,certificate and cash incentives.
• To organize sports tournaments at different level to develop sports culture in the college.
• To provide assistance to discipline committee to maintain the discipline in the college campus.
• To Motivate Sport Persons to contribute their mite and resource for social outreach.
For indoor games there is a provision for two Badminton courts, Table Tennis Hall, Hall for Chess, Carom and Yoga Hall. The Department of Sports organizes events at National/ State/ Inter-collegiate level all around the year.
It is a matter of pride that we have a glorious past of having outstanding achievements in game and sports and continuing with this, with great spirit & potential the students still participated in various International/ National & State Level competitions in Cultural as well as Games and Sports and grabbed Gold, Silver & Bronze Medals as well as around 40 University Colour Coats every year. In addition to that the students brought laurel by securing I/II Posirions with a Cash Prize in Regional as well as State Level Drama Competitions such as ‘Purushottam Karandak’ and ‘Rangvaikhari’
For the holistic development of students department makes all possible efforts so that students can participate in various Cultural activities. Since the last few years, under the guidance of Management of VBSM, a great event ‘Sports Carnival’ is being organized to encourage non-sports person to participate in the various games & sports. Efforts are also made to make the traditional games such as Langadi, Lemon & Spoon, Tug of War, Sac race etc. popular through this carnival. Participation of teachers makes this event more splendid.
• One day Workshop on Folk Dance under G.E.M.S- Club Malhaar
• One day Workshop on Rangoli Making under G.E.M.S- Club Malhaar
• One day Workshop on Acting and Theatre under G.E.M.S- Club Malhaar
• One day Free Skin Check-up and medicine distribution Camp organized
• Inter Collegiate Yoga Championship
• Table Tennis Tournament in collaboration with Amravati District Veterans T.T. Association
• Online Quiz on Sports
• Skill Development Programme
• Physical Efficiency test
• Sports Day
• Degree College of Physical Education, Amravati
• Shri. Shivaji College of Physical Education, Amravati
• Forensic Department, Amravati
• Gandharva Bahuuddeshiya Sanstha, Amravati
• G H Raisoni Polytechnic College Anjangaon Bari Road, Badnera
• Dr. Rajendra Gode Polytechnic College, Amravati
• District Table Tennis Vetarans Association, Amravati
|Sr. No||Name of the Faculty||Title of the Research Project||Minor/ Major||Duration/Year||Amount of Research Grants||Funding Agency|
|1||Physical Education||A comparative study of job Satisfaction between school and college teacher||Minor||2 years 2008||40,000||UGC|
|2||Physical Education||Amravati Vidyapithatil Mahila khedunche Rajakiya Jagrugteche addheyan||Minor||2 years 2000||1,00,000||UGC|
|Sr No.||Name of the Faculty||Number of Papers||Year|
|1||Dr. D. S. Wankhade||17||2010-11 to 2019-20|
• Hon’ble Dr. D.R. Shekhawat as the Best Organizer in 1993-94
• Prof. M.K. Deshmukh as the Best Coach in 1993-94
• Mr. Sanjay Naik (International Vollyball Player) in 1993-94
• Ms. Sahasstrabuddhe (National Vollyball Player) in 1993-94
• Dr. D.S. Wankhade conferred by ‘Virangana Savitribai Fule National Award’ for her Social Contribution by President of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Sahitya Academy
• Dr. D. S. Wankhade honored with ‘Best Programme Officer Award ‘by the hands of Hon`ble Dr. S.T. Deshmukh,Vice Chancellor S.G.B.A.U.Amravati
• Dr. D. S. Wankhade honoured with ‘Maharashtra Guru Gaurav Award -2019’ for her outstanding contribution in the field of Sports.
• Dr. Sabir Ali (Director Physical Education Department, Junior College) honored with Best Coach of the year 2018-19.